Kadukkai is regarded as a panacea in Ayurveda and Kayakalpa in Siddha. Kadukkai or Haritaki is held in high esteem in Ayurveda for its properties to prevent and cure diseases. It has enjoyed the prime place among medicinal herbs in India since ancient times.
It is called the ‘King of Medicines’ and is always listed first in Ayurveda because of its extraordinary therapeutic benefits.
Kadukkai or Terminalia chebula (Haritaki) is one of the important herbal remedy used for treating many diseases including some varieties of cancer.
Kadukkai is called as amutham (nector) in Tamil is a kayakalpa which balances the three bodily humors or doshas that are the main reasons for illness and stress that herbal medicines treats the cause of the disease rather than suppressing the symptoms.
*Kadukkai as Kayakalpa: It can be used as a kayakalpa (rejuvenating the body and the mind) if taken in evening in prescribed amounts. To act as kayakalpa it should be consumed according to the season.
Consumption of Haritaki in 6 seasons Season/Kaalam
Adjuvant Illavenil (mildly sunny) – Honey
Muthuvenil (intense sunny) – Jaggery
Kar (Cloudy rainy) – Rock salt
Kuthir (Cold) – Sugar
Munpani (Early misty) – Dried ginger
Pinpani (Late misty) – Long pepper
*Kadukkai for tridosha: To Indian system of medicine all diseases are due to the imbalance in tridosha or three bodily humors. Kadukkai if taken with salt can cure kapha dosha, with sugar can cure pitha dosha and when taken with ghee can cure vatha dosha
# Kadukkai is Antibacterial, Anti-amoebic & anti-protozoal , Antifungal, Antiviral, Anti oxidant, Antidiabetic, Hypolipidemic and hypocholesterolemic, Cardioprotective, Hepatoprotective and Anti-arthritic.
Some of the traditional uses of Kadukkai
- Kadukkai is regarded as a panacea in Ayurveda and Kayakalpa in Siddha
- Kadukkai eliminates all waste from the body, and promote tissue growth and health.
- Kadukkai is a natural laxative, tones up the digestive system, reduces acidity, improves appetite, improves digestion, regulates colon function and promotes proper assimilation of food.
- Kadukkai increases the mucus production in the stomach forming a protective barrier thus preventing hyper acidity and ulcer.
- Regular consumption of Kadukkai powder is said to promote longevity and boost energy
- Good tonic for the nerves.
- Effective remedy for treating skin diseases, mouth ulcers and gum diseases.
Rinsing the mouth with kadukkai powder mixed with water, restores the taste and cures mouth ulcers
We sell fine quality, fresh & Pure Kadukkai Powder. Worth Trying.
Read blog :http://www.yogisherbs.com/kadukkai-universal-panacea/
Legal Disclaimer: All the products are for personal use and not for resale. The product description has not been evaluated by the food & drug administration (FDA). The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases. Information on this website is not an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. Please consult your physician or health care provider before taking any home remedies.