Sirukurinjan (Gymnema sylvestre) is a well known and well researched herb in the Ayurvedic system of medicine, regarded as one of the herbs with potent anti diabetic properties. Sirukurinjan is a woody, climbing plant indigenous to the tropical forests of central and southern India.
- Sirukurinjan (Gymnema sylvestre) has shown positive effects on blood sugar homeostasis, controls sugar cravings, and promotes regeneration of pancreas.
- Researchers believe Sirukurinjan may help regulate blood sugar by preventing the intestines from absorbing sugar and stimulating the pancreas to release insulin.
- Sirukurinjan leaves also said to help treat digestive issues, constipation, fluid retention and liver disease.
- Obesity is the main consequence from the accumulation of the carbohydrates and fats.
- Sirukurinjan is found to curb the binding of carbohydrates to the receptors in the intestine.
- The herbal extract is used in dietary supplements since it reduces body weight, blood cholesterol, and triglyceride.
Sirukurinjan is used in Ayurveda as an effective natural remedy for diabetes, besides being used for arthritis, anemia, osteoporosis, asthma, constipation, microbial infections, indigestion, as a diuretic and anti-inflammatory.
Ref: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2170951/, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3912882
Legal Disclaimer: All the products are for personal use and not for resale. The product description has not been evaluated by the food & drug administration (FDA). The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases. Information on this website is not an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. Please consult your physician or health care provider before taking any home remedies. Read more about our disclaimer http://www.yogisherbs.com/medical-disclaimer/